Sunday, November 18, 2007

sorry for the delay. today...................................

SORRY FOR THE DELAY I was busy on Saturday, but I still shot off rockets. I shot off the
Big Bertha twice. On the first blast, her parchute did not open. on her second blast, her parchute
DID open. Then I shot off some Zoomies, and sometimes the Zoomies shot up and glided, like they were supposed to do, but sometimes they landed on the ground before they were supposed to burn out, and once they landed, they were on the ground, and smoke was pouring out their tails until finally the phase ended and the nosecone shot off and it made a popping noise and at that same moment, the Zoomies shot about one hand and a half forward. The Tangents were pretty loud, so I didn't shoot any off. I think I might have given the countdown for a Tangent Brett was shooting off.

Brett is my friend from Cub Scouts, he is Bro. Lewis's son from the Pasadena Ward. He also rode in our station wagon. When we were shooting rockets, I wore a long-sleeved shirt, a hoodie sweater over it, and then my uniform over that. The thing about the tent was, the walls were out of screens, the rain fly was yellow and we put that over the tent. It was cold that night and I didn't get very much sleep because I went to bed at 11:30 p.m. It was pretty late, but I had fun roasting 3 hot dogs over the fire, and getting wood for the fire, and digging a hole up to my waist with Brett. I brought a giant shovel, and that is what I used to dig the hole.

It was the funnest campout I ever was on actually.

The primary program was last week. And Uncle Mike came this morning. Noah called him "Uncle Mack." At first, I thought Noah was calling him "Uncle Matt." Uncle Matt is actually the name of one of my other uncles. It was a cross between "Uncle Mike" and "Uncle Matt." I thought it was kind of funny. Uncle Mike ate lunch with us before he left.

Tomorrow morning I have to remember to tell daddy to call for my haircut. Today I made a chore chart for Cub Scouts and I have to make a health/wellness chart for Cub Scouts, another one, because I wasn't keeping the other one. I wrote a double post today because I didn't write on Saturday. I have a lot more to say about the camp, but that's enough for today.

No comments: